By Amin Kef Sesay
On the 21st September 2019 the Miss Sierra Leone Limited held its annual pageant under the patronage of H.E the First Lady of the Republic of Sierra Leone Fatima Bio.
16 intelligent, beautiful and passion driven young women from the 16 districts in Sierra Leone came forward to represent their districts and people. The process kicked off in May with a scouting process that extended to the provinces and smaller towns within the country.
After weeks of grooming, educational activities and some in-camp preliminary competitions, the contestants competed at the Bintumani international conference center for the title of Miss Sierra Leone 2019.
The 5 month process ended when Miss Western Area Rural (Enid Jones-Boston) was crowned Miss Sierra Leone 2019. This year’s pageant was focused on celebrating unity in diversity as Miss Sierra Leone Limited believe that if everyone in our nation were as united as the 16 contestants were, then our country will be a great place.
Miss Kono, Christana Sia Johnson and Miss Kailhun, Mariama Kanneh won the title of 1st and 2nd runners up respectively.
As we look forward to the Winner representing our country at the 69th edition of the Miss World beauty pageant in London this December. The organizers of Miss Sierra Leone are very optimistic about what the future holds for all the young women that participated as they were all encouraged to launch causes that were after their hearts.
The winner of Miss Sierra Leone 2019 Miss Enid Jones Boston bagged
- A brand new Suzuki Jimny worth about $20,000
- Cash price of 12 million Leones
- Salary for a period of 12 months
- Incentive of $500 for her trip to Miss World 2019
- Return ticket to the UK for her and a family member
The 1st runner up Miss Christiana Johnson got:
- Cash price of 8 Million Leones
- A return ticket from Air Maroc to any country of her choice(serviced by Air Maroc)
The 2nd Runner up Miss Mariama M.J Kanneh scooped:
- Cash price of 5 Million Leones
- Return ticket to Ghana from Africa World Airlines